1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
– 100% wool. I am interested in the properties of the wool of different races, and
what they are especially good to use for (so expect to be asked about which race the wool came from).
– yarns from other animals, such as goat wool, musk ox wool, cow hair (but that I can’t find anywhere anymore!) aso. Not dog hair though.
– And plantfibers such as hemp, nettle, long fibred flax.
As I do viking age re-enactment I restrict myself to animals and plants whose wool were acsessible to people in the Nordic countries in the viking age.
Synthetics. Mohair also tend to annoy me very much when knitting with it.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
A fabric case that rolls up. Bought it with paint brushes in…but soon thought of a mush better
use for it.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
My mother taught me how to knit when I was 6 years old, but I was about 10 before I really started
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
5. What’s your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
Subtle! Or no smell at all, I like natural stuff.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
A little. High quality dark chokolate.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
Plantdyeing, sewing, nalbinding, enjoy to do DIY work in the house (fixing,
painting, decorating). Leather working, wood working. Learning to spin and weave.
Everything really, most often in relation to my living history hobby.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Rock, classical, metal, neofolk, everything that isn’t shallow. MP3s ok.
9. What’s your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can’t stand?
The colours that plants will dye. They aren’t nessasarily muted, just look through my blog,
but they are never harsh. I love deep red, and dark green nuances.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Living my myselv, with my cat, a Russian Blue called Fuga.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I would be a very stupid person not to, up here in the north ;). Ponchos? No, that fashion
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
13. What are you knitting right now?
A complicated lace scarf for my neighbour in lilac colour. It will be lined with offwhite
silk. She looks after my cat everytime I’m away, and she refuses to recieve any money so I
wanted to thank her this way.
I am also beginning an emerald green bag, that is to be felted.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Depends on what I’m knitting. They all have some best uses.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Have a yarn swift, my father will be making me a garnhaspe for Yul. Haven’t got a yarn winder.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
18. What is your favorite holiday?
May 1st (spring celebration).
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Yarn. I like to find unusual yarns (from special races mainly, but also interesting multicoloured yarns, or from strange animals/plants)
Old wooden textile tools. Books.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Not really, I find patterns on the internet a modify them to my needs. I mostly buy books on
Want, but haven’t been able to find alloo/aloo/allo yarn (nettle yarn) and soft thin hemp yarn.
21. Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn?
Knittingwise? I think I know most of them. I ought to practise my skills in working with
several colours at the same time, though.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
A little, my feet are 22,3 cm long. My other toes are very small in relation to my big toe,
so I tend to knit socks that are assymetrical at the “toe end”.
23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)